We are not currently recruiting but our directors are always pleased to hear from talented individuals.
- A competitive salary tracking RIBA benchmarks.
- Hybrid working with a minimum of three days a week based in the office.
- Team members issued with Apple MacBook Pro, iPad, Apple Pencil, and separate screen to support remote working.
- 37.5 hours per week full time, our practice does not have a long hours culture and work outside of this is unusual, supporting team wellbeing and a healthy work/life balance.
- Central Worcester city location five minutes walk from Worcester Foregate Street train station.
- Professional membership fees paid, ARB, RIBA, CIAT.
- Workplace pension scheme.
- 30 days holiday annually including bank holidays, 31 days for professionally qualified members of the team.
- Strong support for professional and career development.
- Career development and personal development plans with annual appraisals, quarterly interim reviews and support to achieve career goals.
- A creative and collaborative team with accessible management team that encourages ideas, innovation, and discussions.
- Regular team forums to voice ideas, and suggestions for improvement.
- An established training, research and development ethos with all team members meeting fortnightly to exchange knowledge, experience, best practices and lessons learned.
- Regular CPD, training and development opportunities.
- A commitment for all architectural team members to work across RIBA work stages 2-5.
We are an established practice, based in Worcester for over 30 years. For more information about us, some of the projects we have been involved with, and our design approach, please explore our website.
We are a small and friendly team.
Here’s what previous Part I Architectural Assistant, Dai Williams, had to say about his experience at DJD:
“I found my time at DJD a real insight to working in the profession so soon after leaving University. I worked on a range of projects, with my involvement being built up as time progressed to reflect my development; clients and projects ranged from independent clients to larger schemes for housing associations and private developers. The regular reviews and PEDRs I undertook in the office really helped in assessing my progress through the year and feel that the wide range of tasks across the stages of work, client interaction, and project responsibilities left me in good stead at the end of the year in terms of understanding work within a practice and ready for Part II.”
Our offices situated in central Worcester, are modern, air conditioned and open-plan. We are Mac-based and use ArchiCAD to deliver BIM across our projects, previous ArchiCAD experience is preferred but not required.
We are operating a hybrid working pattern with a minimum of three days attendance in the office each week, for those who wish. We have invested in and deployed the technology to support this.
Our full time positions are 37.5 hours per week. We do not have a long hours culture and work outside of these hours is unusual.
You will be able to participate in the Company pension scheme.
As a practice, we are committed to the continuing professional development of our team at all levels. You will be encouraged to extend your skills and knowledge and we will support you with this through our appraisal and development process, with regular reviews with your mentoring director. Once you have been with the Practice for a year we will agree a Career Development Plan, setting goals for your development within the business over the next 3-5 years.
Equal Opportunities Statement
DJD Group Limited is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst its employees. The Company aims to achieve an environment in which employees will be drawn from all sections of our society, where each individual is respected and able to achieve their full potential, making a unique contribution to our success.
The Company is determined to provide equality and fairness for all in its employment and not to discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age. The Company strongly opposes all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop to their full potential and the talents and resources of the team will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation. Both the individual and the collaborative success of the team will be celebrated. This is in line with our Equality and Diversity Policy.
Each year we support a number of students looking to gain experience of work in architectural practice. Generally these are week long placements where students undertake a theoretical design project, developing hand drawing, physical modelling, and CAD skills. The experience offers the chance to find out about day to day life in an architect’s office, and opportunity to talk to the team about careers in architecture before pursuing an architectural degree or apprenticeship.
If you would like to enquire about the possibility of a placement please contact firstname.lastname@example.org